Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Frankentractor Update and a "quick" project.

The Frankentractor is in bad shape right now.  I never got around to replacing or rebuilding the hydraulic pump, and now its leak is pretty heinous. What's worse, I apparently ran it out of oil (stupid! check your oil, folks!) and I think that knocked off its timing. Net result: it won't start. The carb spews gas out of the throat, which I'm told indicates that the float needle is dirty or broken, so I've got to clean that. One of the arms on the front end loader is busted. Seems this spring is going to be all about fixing the Frankentractor.

Except that I've got a higher-priority project I need to get done.  The Mrs has been bugging me for years to build her a Skee-Ball machine.  I've drawn up some plans, and have got to knock that out ASAP.  Look for progress here.

No comments:

Post a Comment